Marsh Farm Day Ticket and Match Rules
Please read carefully
Day Ticket Rules
Prior to purchasing a day ticket please check the notice boards in the main car park to see what Lakes / pegs are available to fish. All matches and reserved coaching pegs will be listed here. If you are unsure ask in the on-site Apollo Angling Centre shop.Match rules
1) All fish to be returned immediately - retaining fish in nets or sacks strictly forbidden.
2) G.A.S landing nets to be used.
3) No baits to be brought to the bankside in tins.
4) Nut baits, bloodworm and joker are banned.
5) Fishing only permitted during advertised opening times.
6) Hooks larger than 14 must be barbless. Hooks 14 and smaller may be micro barbed.
7) Fishing from numbered swims only. No fishing on Hill pond during coaching events.
8) Juniors under 10 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
9) No tackling up in the main car park- DANGER overhead cables.
10) Maximum 2 rods for seniors and 1 for juniors (under 16’s).
11) All litter to be taken home. No litter left on bank.
12) Cooking, lighting fires and BBQ’s, alcohol and illegal drug use are strictly banned.
13) Parking is permitted in the main car park.
14) Registered disabled anglers may drive to swims, unload gear and park in the nearest layby
15) No dogs allowed unless guide dogs.
16) All anglers must be in possession of a valid EA license.
17) Transferring fish from one water to another is illegal and may result in prosecution.
18) All rigs including method feeder rigs must be completely free running. No semi fixed rigs or fixed rigs permitted.
Please respect our fish, waters and grounds at all times. We hope you have a great day!
- Marsh Farm matches are "Two net matches" One net is for fish up to 1 lb and the second net is for all fish estimated over 1 lb. Maximum weight per net is 40lb. Two nets and a landing net head per angler will be provided by the Godalming club. No one will be allowed to use their own nets. At the end of the match please hang up your nets to dry in the net barn before leaving. This is to protect our waters and your future fishing. Please help us to achieve this goal. Thank you.
- Pegging will normally be on consecutive pegs. However, if you wish to leave gaps between anglers you can book a full or half lake (See Booking a match info for prices).
- All fees to be paid at the shop on arrival.
- Disabled anglers with a valid permit may drive to their peg drop off gear then park in the nearest parking bay. All other anglers should park in one of the car parks provided and walk to their peg.
- Maximum duration of matches to be 6 hours.
- As with Angling Trust rules only one rod to be used during matches although others may be set up.
- No fixed lead rigs to be used, method feeders are allowed but must be the free running version, semi fixed elasticated feeders are not allowed. If you are not sure check at the on site shop.
- Hooks up to size 14 may be micro barbed, hooks above 14s should be barbless.
- Fishing from numbered swims only.
- No tins on the bank please empty tinned baits into a plastic container.
- Please do not discard unused bait in the lake at the end of a match. Use on of the containers provided
- Any non Godalming member staying on to fish after the match or leaving during the match to fish another part of the complex must buy a Day Ticket.
- Please use the toilet facilities provided on site and respect the fish, wildlife, and grounds at all time during your visit.
- Match organisers please leave a copy of the result so it can be added to the website match reports. The onsite shop will hold result forms if required.
- Most of all - enjoy your visit.