Covid 19 update. No matches in Tier 4
The Tier restrictions increased on Boxing day with most of the remaining southern counties now in tier 4. This means although you can fish as individuals matches remain off until further notice. I have added the relevant information from the Angling trust website below.
IMPACTS ON ANGLING IN TIER 4
- Outdoor recreation remains a ‘reasonable excuse’ to leave your home so going fishing locally with one other, outside of your household or support bubble, is permissible.
- The regulations are a return to lockdown in Tier 4 meaning no sporting gatherings including fishing matches.
- Travelling to fish should be local ‘wherever possible’ and entering or leaving a Tier 4 area is actively discouraged within government guidance.
- Tackle shops and other stores can still remain open to operate a click and collect service.
- Outdoor facilities such as fisheries can remain open.
- No time limits have been placed on outdoor recreation so night fishing remains permissible, as previously confirmed in writing by both DEFRA and DCMS.
- Voluntary or paid fishery management work, including bailiffing and maintenance work, remain a legitimate reason to leave home.
- Charter boats can continue to operate in Tier 4 areas but with only one client.
- Angling coaching and guiding can continue to operate in Tier 4 areas but with only one client.
- The police have powers of direction to order people in breach of the regulations: ‘to return to the place where they are living’.